Virtual Clinic Update
The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners advise at Level 2 GP practices should continue to offer virtual consultations and minimise patients in the clinic. This is to prevent the community spread of COVID-19 in general practice waiting rooms and to protect the health workforce.
We are open and offering a mixture of face-to-face appointments (please call to book) and phone and video consultations (call to book or book via patient portal).
- Face-to-Face consultations can only be booked by calling 094865482
- Any consultation you have booked online will be a phone or video consultation.
- We are still here to support, care for and manage patients’ needs
- With COVID-19 the risks of trying to see everyone in person are outweighed by the risks of transmitting infection.
- If you arrive at the practice for a face-to-face consultation please do not come in early (please wait in your car). Please enter only at your appointment time after following our hand sanitisation and face mask application instructions.
- Only patients may come in to the clinic - with the exception of those requiring a caregiver. Please only one caregiver per patient. Where possible we ask you to make arrangements for extra children to stay with someone while you come with another child - we understand this may not always be possible.
- We now send all prescriptions electronically to your chosen pharmacy. Please clearly state which pharmacy you wish to use including location when ordering.
- Thank you all for your support during this time.
NORMAL FEES APPLY FOR PHONE AND VIDEO CONSULTATIONS. INVOICES WILL BE EMAILED OR POSTED.
If you have an appointment booked with the doctor you will be contacted by telephone AT YOUR APPOINTMENT TIME – PLEASE STAY CLOSE TO YOUR PHONE.
If you are booked for a flu vaccination, please wait in your car in our carpark and call 0204865482 and let reception know that you have arrived– this process may change – we ask you to be patient with us – we are all learning and there has been an increase in queries and concerns.
If we believe you fit the COVID-19 testing criteria you will be referred by us to a local swabbing centre. Please make a virtual consultation with a GP to be referred. Please be advised the swabbing team have final discrepancy as to who is tested.
Wound care – this is by appointment only. Please turn up to any appointment you have booked at the time of your appointment and enter the building after following hand sanitising and mask applicatoin guidleines.
Childhood immunisations will still be undertaken. To keep our babies safe please attend appointments you have already booked, tell reception you have arrived and stay in your car until the nurse calls you in. Parents will be asked to wait in their cars with their baby/child for 20 minutes following immunisation.
We need to protect our staff – this may mean you need to be seen by someone else if you do require an examination.
This situation is a challenge to us all. We are constantly reviewing and updating our systems as we receive further information to make things work so we can continue to look after you in the best way possible.
We ask you to please be patient with our staff both clinical and administrative. We need to ensure our health workforce remains well to enable continued care of those most at risk. We appreciate the changes are frustrating to all.
Thank you all for your cooperation.